Sunday, July 4, 2021

Tyranid progress

Two posts in a day! Shocking behaviour.

I've steadily been making some progress with my hivefleet. Thanks to the Crusade campaign we're running at Welwyn Wargamers and the fact I can actually play physical games again, I'm pretty excited for 9th edition 40k as a whole.

So hopefully I will be able to post a bit more often - house move allowing - as I gradually grow my force. There's already another 3 Tyranid Warriors and a Lictor on my painting table, and I'm eyeing up building some Hormagaunts next for another troops choice.

So far, I have painted:

Broodlord
Tervigon

24 Genestealers
36 Termagants
6 Tyranid Warriors

3 Hive Guard
3 Venomthropes

Exocrine


That's taken me far too long to be honest, even if I did try and concentrate on the little bugs first to get them out of the way.

Still, I'm pretty happy with how they're looking and Hive Fleet Gorgon seems a fun theme to use. I aim to have a few more big bugs done before the year is out. The lore of the hive fleet is they are heavily into the use of spores - so Venomthropes, Toxicrenes and Spore Mines - so I'll be sticking to that and the Crusade campaign really helps to build a narrative. 

I do have a garage of Tyranid stuff waiting to be built and painted, could just do with moving to the new house and the hobby space it would provide!

Here's the latest additions, hope you like them and thanks for reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment