Saturday, December 5, 2020

Marcus and his crew

I've made a start on my Malifaux crew, which includes some really nice models that I'm a little daunted to attempt painting but must at least try!

So far I've played I think 5 games with them and I'm very much enjoying the game, the strategies (main objective) and schemes (mini objectives) make for a really complex game and the card flipping rather than dice is a really novel mechanic for me. Just don't expect a fast game when I'm playing, there is so much to remember/learn and I still keep spotting new bits on the models' cards even now!

I've managed to pick up a fair selection that can work with the master I first chose, Marcus. He's a bit of a beast shaper, so his gimmick is attaching mutations on his friends and boosting them in a variety of ways. I'll be honest I picked him because I liked the model, and first off chose Neverborn as a faction. In fact he's a dual master, he can also be an Arcanist, so that means I've got a lot of potential models that could work in his crew as he also makes all models with a beast keyword versatile for his crew.

Anyhoo, here's what I've painted up so far, some of those beasts which he'll hopefully shape. The trick with Malifaux is working out how to pick up scheme points (4 per game) and strategy points (4 per game). You can set about the opposing crew, but you also need a bit of potential for objective manipulation which is really fun if difficult to work out!







I've now done 4 corrupted hounds, who hunt in packs and are good at mini objectives, as well as a Slate Ridge Mauler and a Sabretooth Cerberus which are a bit more fighty/vicious.

Should be said, most of the Malifaux models are really nice, but they aren't have difficult to assemble as they come in a lot of parts!


Thanks for reading,


Wil


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog as always Wil. Just have to do them a bit more often... mine tend to build up with photos of progress, but then I remember I do mine more as a hobby diary to record for my own entertainment really, so the pressure is off! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary, I should have a few bits of content to post shortly fingers crossed

      Delete