Saturday, March 9, 2019

Snakeskin

Snakeskin

I’ve done some hobby!

So as mentioned in a previous entry I have my second Guild Ball tournament later this month in not far away Hemel Hempstead.

I’m taking my Masons again, and have been getting a few games in with them against some more experienced and crucially tournament savvy players.

Recently the OPD (organised play document) for Guild Ball changed to bump up guild rosters to 12
players. For Masons that means you need to drop two standard players to fit in the 12.

However, since S4 started I have whittled down the players I use and there are 3 that don’t make the cut for me. Others will have other opinions, but for me oHarmony, Brick and Lucky never see the field. In fairness, I was a Brick hipster even in S3 as I found him too easy for my opponent to farm momentum off and a good player wasn’t bothered by his counter charge threat.

Harmony is an odd one as with linked and her synergy with Honour, by far my favourite Masons captain, she can be great. She is so so fragile though, and that linked shtick only really works imo to win a game. So she doesn’t make the cut sadly.

Lucky is an interesting player but I can’t really work out what he brings to the team. I’d need to play him more, for now though he’s not in.

So for my 12th player I’ve gone for a Union option, while I still can! I’ve had a fair bit of success with Decimate and I very nearly opted for her. She does plenty of work and is very efficient with her inf>momentum. I’ve chatted to a few in the London meta, and they convinced me to give Snakeskin a go.

What I’ve found is she’s a handy choice in particular matchups - Alchemists, Engineers, Obulus Morts for example. I’d usually opt for Flint, but she’s a useful player to have around.

On that note, I painted her up so I can use her at Hemel and she’s the only Guild Ball model I’ve painted so far! (I got the Masons painted for me)

I also built a tournament tray to carry the team and widgets etc at events. Here’s some pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment