Sunday, February 24, 2019

Guild Ball

Guild Ball


I was introduced to Guild Ball a while back by a friend, but began playing at the start of 2018 as season 3 was in full swing.

Initially I just played Masons as I learned the game - and there's plenty to learn - having been given the Honour box by the friend. I quickly picked up the second box, and have since obtained a number of the teams including: Blacksmiths, Brewers, Butchers, Falconers, Farmers, Fishermen, Hunters, Order and Union.

Anyway, early doors I had my Masons painted up for me and they're still my 'main' guild at the moment. They look a bit like this:




I'm a big fan of the Masons' flexibility, and I've focused on them as I got in to Season 4.

Next month, I will be taking them to a 32-player event in Hemel Hempstead - my second Guild Ball tournament - which is a great chance to test myself against much more experienced players and different guilds.

As well as games at Welwyn Wargamers - where we set up an escalation league which has enthused a number of new players thankfully - I occasionally pop down to Thor's in Borehamwood to test myself against some tournament-goers.

Anyway, I'm in the process of painting up Snakeskin to go in my tournament 12 for next month. Pictures to follow, she's had some basecoats on at the moment, but plenty more to go.

I'm also working on painting up my butchers. Here's their bases - all by Broken Toad:



I have a number of projects on the table at the moment - don't we all - but hopefully by March I will start to get some paint on the players themselves so I can field my second painted guild!

Cheers for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment